Sunday, April 17, 2011

Palm Sunday, It's Holy Week


What a wonderful Palm Sunday service, it gave me the feelings of excitement and hope. I can imagine how the people felt seeing Jesus riding into Jerusalem, laying down their cloaks and waving palm branches. The shouts of Hosanna!! I looked up the meaning of Hosanna and found this...how appropriate and even more appropriate for this day and time.

Overall, it seems that "Hosanna" is a cry for salvation; while at the same time is a declaration of praise.

I met with the 12 men that are playing the Disciples on Maundy Thursday and ran through the program. I was taken back a little when I got in front of them to talk about the program. It was powerful to see them sitting on the front pew, listening and willing to do this. I was humbled.

Last night I watched a History Channel program of the Shroud of Turin. I have always been intrigued with the shroud and love to read or watch anything about it. Weather it's the shroud of Jesus Christ or not it's a remarkable piece of history. The interesting thing about last nights program was a group of 3D artist created the 3D image of the person from the shroud. One man described the wounds as brutal and was visibly moved by it.




That's all for today. It's going to be a busy week, but I love EASTER !!

No comments: