Friday, April 15, 2011

1% Change this Week..."Grainy"

Jessi wants us to get "Grainy" this week and incorporate new grains into our diets. Her suggestions were Buckwheat, Millet, Amaranth and Quinoa. I have been curious about Quinoa and will try it along with Buckwheat. I'm not too sure about Amaranth but Millet is something I use to feed my Finch...not too excited about that one.

In self defense I have been incorporating grains into my diet in two ways. A couple of months ago I bought the round container of Quaker Oats and I have been making it for breakfast every weekend for Mark and I.  I eat mine with some brown sugar, milk and a few walnuts. Mark adds milk and white sugar...to each his own. I will probably start making it at work in the microwave, to see if it will help bring down my cholesterol.
What I have been eating once I get to work is Kashi cereal Honey Sunshine. It has 20g whole grains and 5g fiber plus it taste good ! I know this is a weak 1% change for me but I promise to try one of the suggestions and report back !

No comments: