
I missed the beginning of Advent. I saw some advent candles this weekend while shopping and thought about the little Advent candle holder tucked away in a draw that I had for the girls years ago. I passed them by and didn't give it much thought but Advent keeps reappearing to me. Today I read Jennifer's blog and it just sunk in my hard head. I have spent my time whining about how it has been such a hard year that my eyes have been taken off what's most important, my personal relationship with Jesus. Yes, it has been a difficult year but I couldn't have made it though without him being right there with me. He is the same with me as he was with some Israelite woman waiting on the Messiah, with Mary waiting on the birth of her son, with our ancestors, passing down through the years to our parents teaching us...he is the same today.
So, to focus myself on the season....the birth of Jesus Christ. I am going to stop on the way home from work and buy the candles, go home and dig in the drawer, find our little Advent wreath and place it on the table. I am ready to anticipate, long for and wait on our Lord.
To quote from Jennifer's Blog.. We should be looking for Christ in each moment, no matter how mundane or routine or frustrating my circumstances. Our bishop suggested that we start each day during Advent with this simple prayer
To quote from Jennifer's Blog.. We should be looking for Christ in each moment, no matter how mundane or routine or frustrating my circumstances. Our bishop suggested that we start each day during Advent with this simple prayer
"Lord, I know that you will reveal yourself to me today. Give me the eyes of faith to see you. Help me be awake."
O come O come Emmanuel...... I am watching and waiting
No comments:
Post a Comment