Sunday, December 7, 2008

Catching up with Advent

I went to the Christian Book Store but the little Advent candles were gone. So I decided to save the children's wreath in the drawer for the future grands and bought a new set to create my own. I bought a small artificial wreath from the drugstore, intertwined some ribbon I had here at home and added some cracked glass ornaments to the center. This morning I followed the insert that came with the wreath and read the scripture for last Sunday and this Sunday. This weeks prayer...

God, Father of Light, bless this Advent candle. As we prepare for the coming of Your Son, let us reflect your life in all that we say and do. Give us the strength to change our ways, rid ourselves of angry thoughts, bitter words, and selfishness and anything that distracts us from Your light in us. O Jesus, our hears are open.

No comments: