Wednesday, May 4, 2011

1% Change 5/4

Jessi's 1% change challenge this week is Salads! I have making salads since we started this adventure a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm to the point of YUCK...a salad...really?? This is what my normal salad for dinner looks like. I know it's large but I use it as my main dish and whatever meat we fix is just a side.

Lettuce,Carrots,Cheese,Nuts and Raisins with Lite Honey Mustard dressing
I do change up types of Lettuce
Now tonight I made my lunch for tomorrow to take to work, which is a Chicken Salad with...Quinoa!


I halved the recipe so it is: 1/2 cup Quiona cooked, 1/4 cup chopped celery, 1 cup chicken, and walnuts. I am going to add a chopped up apple tomorrow at lunch. It taste ok and I don't know how much I will eat tomorrow but at least 1% for sure!

As for Meatless Monday's, it continues to be no problem. Once again I fixed fish and shrimp for my husband but fixed Cheese ravioli with yellow squash and zucchini in a tomato sauce.  OMG it was so good.
 
This pix would not turn horizontal !
 


This was so good!

I am eating Oatmeal every morning at work and my blood pressure numbers keep coming down. When I weighed in at the Kiosk this morning I have lost a total of 6 pounds very slowly...but that's fine with me.

Come on ladies, keep making those 1% Changes they will make a difference!

1 comment:

Angela said...

YAY!! (for the last few posts--somehow I missed all of them).

Lovin' the progress report and your experimenting, very inspiring. This week I continue to celebrate that carrots may find their way onto my menu :)

love you mucho!