Breakfast
Lunch two servings
For dinner I had a large salad and I fixed fish for my husband. I really like fish but decided to just fix enough for him that night. I will be fixing fish instead of red meat as often as I can. On Tuesday I had some Chicken Salad at Atlanta Bread Company for lunch with a friend and no meat at dinner. I was fine again, meat only 1 time in a day. I will continue to do without it whenever I feel like it. It's amazing how easy it can be.
I am hoping the oatmeal every morning is doing it's magic, as noted in the last post my blood pressure was down when I logged into the kiosk at work. One less pound also...1% changes. I continue to drink more water while at work and walk outside when possible. Trying to reach 7 thousand steps a day and that's with working out at Curves and extra walking. It's harder than doing without MEAT !!!
Thou dost keep him in perfect peace,
whose mind stayed on thee,
because he trusts in thee.
whose mind stayed on thee,
because he trusts in thee.
Isaiah 26:3


5 comments:
I remember hearing my grandparents talking about how when they were young they went many nights without meat. Now their health never was great and they suffered from both cancer and heart problems but they came from smoking and working in toxic places.
This lack of meat did keep both of them skinny all their life and I figure of they had never smoked and not been exposed to certain chemicals they still could be around now.
Beach, believe me the small amount of meat I'm doing without won't hurt me. There is enough still hanging on to supplement whatever my body needs!!!
Wow, I don't think I could go without meat!! Ok, let me clarify that statement. I don't think I could go without chicken. I could easily go without red meat...I never crave it. Chicken, however? I just like it too much...and I think I'd have a hard time getting adequate protein otherwise.
However, I am proud of you for working toward this goal if it is important for you. :) And good job on the walking and drinking more water. :)
God bless,
Kara
(visiting from 1% Changes at Naptime Diaries)
Nice, Teresa!
7000 steps!!?? That does sound hard. Great goal though!! Inspiring too! :)
Have a great one & thanks for the comment too!
Great job Momma :) Super proud of your choices and determination! Love and miss you.
Post a Comment