It was a beautiful weekend in Charleston! After church on Sunday I headed to the main library downtown to do so Ancestry digging. My library skills have fallen way below par so this first visit to the South Carolina room was just a warm up for when my cousin comes. Of course when I got there the sign said open "2 to 5" on Sunday. With time to kill, I parked and walked down to the intersection of life in Charleston at King and Calhoun streets and ate at Moe's. As I sat at the window counter eating I was listening to some great music, Janis Joplin,
Jimi Hendrix and Johnny Cash no less. Out of the window I watch the world go by, there was a guy with a jacket, white shirt and tie skateboarding, a old car with a elderly lady
with her hat on driving down Calhoun with a big dog in the passenger seat, lots of flip flops. People are ready for Spring! When I finished up I headed back down Calhoun towards the library and found this sign posted on a door.
Always do what your Mama tells you to ....

I crossed the street and just had to take a pix of the blue sky and of course John C. Calhoun and the church steeple just behind him. It was a wonderful walk and time well spent downtown but I am ready for SPRING !
1 comment:
"Go to Church" Good one! Don't you love finding these little treats?
Post a Comment