It has occurred to me that I have reached the pinnacle of cooking success when it comes to Mashed Potatoes. I have agreed to 2 batches of Mashed Potatoes for the season. One at the Shaw's on Thanksgiving day and one for the Thanksgiving feast here at work. Mind you the one for Thanksgiving day will probably be a 5# bag but with these guys here at work I'm hoping a 10# bag will do. I told them I am not looking forward to peeling and mashing so many potatoes on Friday morning before 7 am. In a effort to make it easier on me and in desperation for REAL Mashed Potatoes one engineer said he would bring in a cooker type thing to boil the potatoes and the admin said she would help peel so there you go ! I don't do gravy so I have to buy a couple of jars. Thank goodness they didn't ask for Dressing, I haven't master that at all. I will have to pay more attention to my Mother-in-laws this year, her's is the BEST ! Keep you fingers cross, I'm praying for no lumps on Friday and Thanksgiving day !
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Tis the Season....Mashed Potatoes
It has occurred to me that I have reached the pinnacle of cooking success when it comes to Mashed Potatoes. I have agreed to 2 batches of Mashed Potatoes for the season. One at the Shaw's on Thanksgiving day and one for the Thanksgiving feast here at work. Mind you the one for Thanksgiving day will probably be a 5# bag but with these guys here at work I'm hoping a 10# bag will do. I told them I am not looking forward to peeling and mashing so many potatoes on Friday morning before 7 am. In a effort to make it easier on me and in desperation for REAL Mashed Potatoes one engineer said he would bring in a cooker type thing to boil the potatoes and the admin said she would help peel so there you go ! I don't do gravy so I have to buy a couple of jars. Thank goodness they didn't ask for Dressing, I haven't master that at all. I will have to pay more attention to my Mother-in-laws this year, her's is the BEST ! Keep you fingers cross, I'm praying for no lumps on Friday and Thanksgiving day !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You might just see me showing up at your door next year for mash potatoes.
Thanks for the poem on my blog. I love Robert Frost. Check out the new weather phenomenon occuring in Anchorage, it's on my blog!
but MOM!! a few lumps are fine!
haha love the mashed taters!!
the simple things in life!
Post a Comment