Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Albert C Grant...Where are you ?

I love researching our family heritage it's like a puzzle ! My cousin told me one time people either love or hate talking about genealogy. They will say "Wow that's great" or their eyes glaze over with no response. I am lucky to have several members of my family that love talking about it.

This is Albert C Grant, he is my husbands Great Grandfather on his mothers side. The first time I saw this picture I ask my mother in law about him. She told me she never knew him and her mother, Ruth, and grandmother, Stella, never talked about him, they said "He just left".  We have this picture, their January 1914 wedding certificate and a daughter, Ruth, born in December 1914. The next census records in 1920 show Stella and Ruth living with her parents.

What happen to Albert? Why did he leave? Where did he go? I have researched North Carolina records but who knows, he might have gone anywhere. Stella Boyd Grant passed away in 1964 and with her all the answers. I will continue to research Albert C Grant in hopes of finding out how his piece fits into our puzzle.