Tuesday, June 7, 2011

As a Parent...

When we purchased our first computer the girls were so excited, it opened up a whole new world for us and them. I can remember back then it was...

Chat rooms that all parents were warned about. There were dirty old men lurking there to talk to young girls who were unaware!

IM.. Parents were urged to "know who your child's friends are that they chat with". I would check with my girls sometimes and have them tell me "who" was on their list

My Space...with pictures of friends and what they were up and who they were up to. I did my best to not interfere too much with "their space" but as a parent I did set my foot down sometimes.

Face Book.. and it's not only your children's pages but everyone's pages! Employers are even checking Face Book pages for the "down low" on it's employees or future employees.

Personal cell phones, texting and a camera built in....great...isn't it?

Black Berry's , Ipads....next....

Time and time again parents warn their children young and old about the "bad" things that can happen, be seen or done on the World Wide Web. Remember Date Line when they fooled the men thinking they were "hooking up" with minor girls. We couldn't believe who showed up at the house and the police were there waiting for them when they tried to leave.

I didn't even know who Mr. Weiner was before this but I'm sorry, I believe what this man did was wrong....along with the many other men and women who have been lewd  in the past, present and future.

But, it's not like we haven't tried to warn you about these kind of people no matter who they are ! Kick him out of office !



1 comment:

Commander Zaius said...

Weiner really showed that you can be very smart adult and still act as stupid as a teenagers. I would say more nut I am so disappointed in Weiner that I cannot describe it.