A couple of weeks ago I watched 10 minutes of the MTV awards and turned the channel. Between the people suspended from the ceiling and all the bleeping, I just couldn't watch. Much to my sorrow, I missed the Twilight Saga winners including "Best Kiss" but I caught that on You Tube so "no worries".
The CMT's awards has been penciled in on my calendar here at work, looking forward to the John Mayer and Keith Urban guitar jam. It was great watching these two great guitar players make music but what we had to endure to get there was unreal ! I'm not a big Chris Rock fan but several people raved about the opening of the show. It sank slowly after that as the night dragged on with bad lines, spoofs and Jersey Shore...PLEASE. It was so bad it made Taylor Swift's hair straight! The only people that made it to the life boats were Miranda Lambert, Lady Antebellum, Zack Brown Band along with Keith and John.
Something has gone wrong when air time is given to the presenters making Asses of themselves than to the award winners who need the time to "Thank" the little people. I guess that's the problem..everyone wants their time in the spotlight so they can get on board. So, all I have to do is turn the channel...
By the way, throw Paula Deen a life preserver we need her in the Galley.
2 comments:
it is KID Rock Mom...and I totally agree. I only liked the first maybe 7 minutes. Then BLLLLAH. Such a bummer. I did love the decent musical performances and Keith Urban's sweet thank you speech.
Most award shows seen to have fallen to the lowest common denominator. I actually use to enjoy watch several of them but the bad lines and ego boosting segments for B-list stars makes watching them a chore.
Post a Comment