Friday, February 27, 2009

On being Lost...

I have been looking for documentation on my great great grandmother Phoebe Elizabeth Driskill. I talked to my cousin Rodney Dawson last night because he is the Ancestry guru on my dad's side. It was so good to hear his voice, he told me how sorry he was on hearing about "Aunt Jennie" passing away. I told him I couldn't believe that my parents were gone and we had to keep in touch because I didn't want to lose him. He said, " You're not going to lose me, you're a Dawson ", I just wanted to cry.


Lent started this week and thinking about what Rodney said last night I thought about what Jesus has promised me, " You're not going to lose me, you're a Christian". At this time in my life, I hold onto this promise every day to make it through. For Lent I am going to read Crazy Love by Francis Chan and I have heard great things about it.


So, I'm not lost... I have a wonderful family that I'm connected to Dawson, Gillette, Shaw, Kellerhals and best of all a heavenly Father who promises to never leave me.

No comments: