Monday, October 20, 2008

With Thanksgiving....

Philippians 4:6 " Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God"

How many times have I prayed and petitioned to God about my worries? He says not to be anxious and to present our requests to him. The key to this scripture is to give him "thanks" along with our petitions. This weekend there was living proof of answered petitions and prayers to our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

This is Emma Grace Sims


Grace was born the same time my mom was in intensive care last December. She had some issues after her birth so her Grandma Gail would come and see us in the ICU when she was visiting Grace. There was lots of anxious moments, lots of prayers for both families. Grace came out of the hospital, doing good but her parents noticed some developmental problems a couple of months ago. After several test and doctors visits they have concluded that Graces issues are physical and not associated with brain damage!

Yesterday she was baptised at Redeemer Luthern Church, in the beautiful gown that my sister Sandy made for Gail's first grandchild and she made the "hat" for Grace to wear at her baptism. What a day for celebration as Gail also had good news that her cancer "check up" was clear !

With Thanksgiving !!!

A traveling replica of the Vietnam Memorial was in Charleston yesterday. It received as much respect and honor as the one in Washington. I am thankful for my freedom.


I am thankful for the ones who returned....


and for the ones who didn't....


Thanks be to God !


1 comment:

SandyShore said...

Where would I be if Merle had not returned? There would be no Jenny! I too am thankful (c: For Merle, Jenny, Grace, Gail and you!! XOX